Monday 7 April 2014

"Bottom of the World" written by Emily Haines...sung by Tom Waits My Daddy told me, lookin back The best friend you'll have is a railroad track So when I was 13 I said, I'm rollin' my own, And I'm leaving Missouri and I'm never coming home And I'm lost And I'm lost I'm lost at the bottom of the world I'm handcuffed to the Bishop and the barbershop liar I'm lost at the bottom of the world Satchel puddin' and Lord God Mose Sittin' by the fire with a busted nose That fresh egg yeller is too damn rare But the white part is perfect for slickin' down your hair And I'm lost And I'm lost I'm lost at the bottom of the world I'm handcuffed to the Bishop and the barbershop liar I'm lost at the bottom of the world Blackjack Ruby and Nimrod Cain The moon's the color of a coffee stain Jesse Franks and Birdy Joe Hoax But who is the king of all of these folks? And I'm lost And I'm lost I'm lost at the bottom of the world I'm handcuffed to the Bishop and the barbershop liar I'm lost at the bottom of the world Well I dined last night with Scarface Ron On Telapia fish cakes and fried black swan Razorweed onion and peacock squirrel And I dreamed all night about a beautiful girl And I'm lost And I'm lost I'm lost at the bottom of the world I'm handcuffed to the Bishop and the barbershop liar I'm lost at the bottom of the world Well God's green hair is where I slept last He balanced a diamond on a blade of grass Now I woke me up with a cardinal bird And when I wanna talk he hangs on every word And I'm lost And I'm lost I'm lost at the bottom of the world I'm handcuffed to the Bishop and the barbershop liar I'm lost at the bottom of the world